Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School


Jackson is on his way to school. I have to admit I am a little sad. He was nervous and a little teary, but we said a little prayer together and that helped. He wanted to know what time the tardy bell would ring and if he would be on time. He wanted to know if anyone would be late on the first day. He wanted to know what the lunch selections are today (mommy did not know). He wanted to know what I packed in his lunch. He wanted to know if he was a walker or car rider. He wanted to know if I would pick him up. He wanted to know where I would wait for him after school. He wanted to know what time I would pick him up. Once he was satisfied with all my answers, he was good to go. Do you think he got his parents' worry genes?

A good friend and neighbor told me yesterday that both her girls had Mrs. Ogle for first grade. She said Mrs. Ogle, "Hung the moon and the stars." She told me Mrs. Ogle is an amazing and loving teacher and each year she requests that her daughters have teachers just like Mrs. Ogle. Needless to say, I am thrilled. I know Jackson is right where he should be. The only negative is that Mrs. Ogle is an Aggie! Given all her other amazing qualities, I have decided to let it slide!

I am not sure what Little Lauren and I will do without our Bubba today. The little princess is still sleeping - of course. I bet she is not going to be very happy when she wakes up. They usually start playing as soon as she wakes up. I have had to beg them all summer to come down and eat breakfast!

I just got a call from Daddy. He told me that he and Jackson were the first to arrive in Mrs. Ogle's class today. He said Jackson cried just a little but adjusted quickly. He said Jackson asked Mrs. Ogle where the numbers were to show if you get in trouble. That gave her and Daddy a good laugh.


Kelli

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wow Jackson, you've become such a BIG and handsome boy. You're going to have a great year. Be good for your mommy.

Alicia said...

Glad to hear you're holding up ok on this first day of school for your 1st grader. I can't believe how much they've grown. Glad to see you're a blogger now. I'll be sure to keep up with the Kelley Crew.