Friday, October 5, 2007

Home Run!!!!

Well, not "technically" a home run! But, we are still celebrating.

Jackson got his first hit during a game last night. He immediately turned around and grinned at me. He was so pleased with himself he forgot (or did not know) to run. So we were all yelling (Uncle Tolbert, me, Kasie, friends, neighbors, teammates and coaches) run, run, run. Well, he did. But, he ran to third. We were all screaming and pointing to first. So he turned around and headed to first. Well, he got thrown out. But, he did not understand that he was out (or he did not care that he was out) so he just kept running. He ran all the bases and came home. We all cheered for him. I did not know whether to laugh or cry. He was so proud of himself and was grinning from ear to ear. I think he really thought he got a home run. Everyone was very gracious (team moms and grandparents etc…) But, I know a few of his team members were really frustrated. Oh well. He is learning each week and he is having fun. One of the kids told him he did not score so he started crying. I am so glad Mike is a coach so he can be out there to give him pep talks. All in all, it was a great game. We lost 11-7 but we still had fun. Mike said coaching is like trying to catch a chicken. The boys are pretty much all over the place. It is hysterical and nerve wrecking to watch! Jackson told me after the game that he played just like Chicken Little. This cracked me up because Chicken Little ran the wrong way too! I just want to make a sign to hold up that says Jackson was a pound and a half when he was born – so be nice to him!!!! To us, it was a home run!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelli!
I'm so glad you have this blog. I love seeing the Kelley Crew updates! The story of the home run is by far my favorite! Go Jackson! I was laughing while reading it...so cute!!

Love, Melissa

Old Pics said...

It was a homerun to me too! Tell Mike to try to chase those chickens for 7 hours a day. It makes for one whooped hen (or rooster) at the end of the day! Run, Jack, run, I love you!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Jackson aka "Chicken Little" on the homerun! That is the greatest homerun story auntie has ever heard! I just wish I could've been there! I love you Jackson! You are ONE OF A KIND! Love, Auntie :)