Wednesday, May 21, 2008

May Day, May Day!

I am exhausted. This has honestly been the busiest 6+ weeks of my entire life. I never anticipated my life as a stay-at-home mom this way. I honestly never knew how hard it was until I stepped into these shoes. For some crazy reason, I thought things would get easier once the kids started school. Many things are easier. I do get to sleep through the night and it has been a very long time since I had to change a diaper. But, now my days are packed with swim practice, baseball practice, ballet, school plays, volunteer hours at the school, homework, laundry, cooking, cleaning, running errands, playdates and my many March of Dimes commitments. Most mornings I get up at 5:15 in hopes of squeezing in a quick workout and I honestly don't stop until 9 p.m. or later. And, I know you are all doing the same thing! It is just hard to keep up this pace. But, I do know that my hard work is paying off and I will probably not see the fruits of my labor for many, many years to come. But, I know what I am doing is important and it is appreciated...even it the thank yous are few and far between.

What a month it has been -- and it's not over yet. But, June is just a few days away -- I know I can make it. I think I can...I think I can....I do want to say that I am happier than I ever thought possible. I do find value in my roles as wife, mother, friend and volunteer. It is not glamorous and it leaves me drained most days. But, I would not trade it for a fancy job with a check with lots of zeros either. For me, this is it. This is where it is at. I would like to say that I run a tight ship and I rarely miss when juggling all these balls, but the truth of the matter is that things are dropping all the time. I struggle each day to keep my mind and my arms wrapped around all that is on my plate. But, it is exciting and it sure keeps life interesting. Hats off to all my mama friends. You are absolutely amazing! Now, can I take a nap???? Or, can I at least have a drink?

1 comment:

The Brunton Family said...

Hi Kelli!
I say you have earned both a nap and a drink! Congrats on another successful fundraiser!! You rock! I enjoy keeping up with your family on the blog!!

Hugs & Kisses,
Melissa