Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mother's Day Tea


For Mother's Day, I was invited to a very special tea party at Lauren's preschool. It was one of those “moments” where you truly cherish the blessing of being a mom. The tables were beautifully decorated. The kids showed us to our seats and pulled out our chairs. They served us cookies and lemonade. I have never seen such well–behaved, sweet children. It was truly amazing. Then they presented us with hand made necklaces that are so precious – I will cherish it for a lifetime. I would like to say it was a surprise, but Lauren could not wait to give me my gift so she broke down and told me about it days before the big reveal!
The kids sang a song about standing on the rock of Jesus and I was moved to tears – yes I know, I know – I am easily moved to tears. But, in this case I am sure you would have all shed a few too!

Each child presented their mother with a picture they drew of us and with questions they had answered about us. Did you know that I am 27 years-old, I weigh 94 pounds and I love to play Barbies? Upon reading this to Mike, he said he wanted to meet Lauren's Mommy!

I feel so blessed to be a mom and I know you all feel the same way.

No comments: